FIGHTAN GAEMS CHARACTERS from Saturday at AWA! there were also a few Ryus and a Sean! that I didn’t get a chance to take a picture of, sadly!
if you recognize yourself in any of these, do claim the credit for your wonderful cosplays!
Hsien-Ko - nothingofeden
Midwest Championships 2012
Location: Nashville, TN, USA
Date: June 22-24, 2012
Game: Street Fighter X Tekken, Super Street Fighter 4, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Soul Calibur 5, King of Fighters 13, Mortal Kombat 9
The Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector’s Set Is Effing Beautiful.
Twenty-five years!? You have no idea how old that makes me feel right now. This $150 limited edition set comes with the following:
- Past and Present Street Fighter Games – Playable on current gen PS3™ and Xbox 360 console systems, the four critically-acclaimed titles selected from the star-studded catalog are: Super Street Fighter® II Turbo HD Remix, Street Fighter® III 3rd Strike Online Edition, Super Street Fighter® IV Arcade Edition with all costume DLC, and Street Fighter® X Tekken® including all character and Swap Costume DLC.
- Exclusive Video – The two-disc Blu-Ray set includes a documentary that highlights the profound influence the franchise has had on fans - and vice versa - throughout the years. The collection of videos also includes Street Fighter®IV and Super Street Fighter®IV Anime movies as well as all episodes of the Street Fighter animated series and Street Fighter®II: The Animated Movie.
- Light-up Ryu Statue – A specially commissioned and highly-detailed collectable Ryu statue stands prominently at 8” tall and features the iconic character in mid-Shoryuken, with flames lit from below.
- 11-Disc Soundtrack – Street Fighter game music spanning the past 25 years, in addition to remixes and fan-created music inspired by past Street Fighter games .
- 64-page Hardcover Art Book – A tribute to Street Fighter game fans from all over the world, the art book includes fan pieces submitted by professional and aspiring artists alike.
- Ryu’s Belt – Created to regulation specs, the full-size martial arts black belt is a replica of the one Ryu wears and even includes his classic “Fūrinkazan” in kanji!
- Certificate of Authenticity – Each Collector’s Set comes individually numbered complete with a certificate of authenticity.
Considering how much bank Capcom is going to make off this, I’m hoping they’ll chill out with shoving overpriced DLC down our throats for a while. Also, I’m buying twelve of these.
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY (even if I own most of the games already)
Skullgirls is brilliant
To anyone hesitating because of the artstyle or whatever. Get it. Now.
1. It’s 15 dollars for a full fighting game (Though with a slightly bare-bones training mode… everything else - The Important Stuff - is polished!)
2. It’s by Mike Z. He is a respected member of the community, and knows what the players want in a fighting game.
3. If you’re still not convinced, go look up episode 8 of First Attack w/ James Chen.
4. Dat soundtrack.
Custom team sizes. Custom assist options. Infinite combo prevention system. Unblockable prevention system.
Actually, I love the art style and the animation in this game on top of all that.
Also, GGPO-powered netplay, which is the best that any developer can use in their games right now - ignore the idiots that say it doesn’t work because of 3rd Strike Online Edition’s buggy programming.